Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap Planner Macro > Bars functionality

Umair Ahmad January 6, 2020

Dear All,

1) I am unable rename "New Bar" and also unable to change the start and end date for a Bar.

Kindly advise ... If I need to use another Macro please let me know ... Thanks!

timeline 2.JPGtimeline.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Whitty January 27, 2021

While I realize this is old, I hope this response will help the next poor soul looking for an answer.

The bars on the Roadmap Planner have 2 components - the Title and the Description:

Title:

Bar_Title.png

Title is modified by left clicking on the title of the bar, modifying the text and then left clicking on the checkmark to save the changes.

The bar title is what is displayed on the Roadmap Planner.

Description:

A Description can be added to the bar when you add it to the Roadmap Planner by left clicking on the text 'Click to add description' as seen below:

Bar_New_Description.png

The Description can be modified by left clicking on the bar and then left clicking again on any existing description that may be present for that bar:

Bar_Description.png

Enter any changes as desired for the Description and then left click the checkmark to save the changes.

NOTE:

I have yet to determine what functionality the bar Description provides. It does not appear to be visible from a 'mouse over' nor any other mechanism. So usefulness of this feature is TBD.

A very special Thanks to my Team Mate P. Nguyen for illustrating the subtleties and helping formulate the above answer.

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Hello Umair, 

To edit a Bar, simply click on the bar while in edit mode, and then click the title of the bar. When you will hover the bar title, you will see a pencil. 

To edit the "dates" it's not really possible cause the bar doe not have dates, but you can adjust the view to "weeks" instead of "months" in order to drag and drop the bar more precisely. You can also use markers, to specify key dates. 

Jim Constant March 27, 2020

Hermance, I'm can't rename the bar either. Actually, I can rename it but no matter what I do it still displays as 'New Bar'. I click the bar while in edit mode, then I click the title of the bar. Then a give it a name. When I save it, it still says, 'New Bar'.

What might be the problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events