Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewrite URL - Making URLs simplified

Matt Garcia November 28, 2014

I am trying to make my Confluence URL simplified. For example my current set up is http://myconfluence.com/display/KB/Knowledge+Base+Home. Is there a plugin or a way to rewrite all pages to something much more simple like, http://myconfluence.com/Knowledge+Base+Home?

My server is on Apache Tomcat so Im not sure if mod_rewrite could do this? 

Thanks. 

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Garcia November 28, 2014

Thanks for the reply Renato. However my server is Apache-Tomcat and not just Apache. My understanding is that Apache-Tomcat will ingore .htacess files. 

Also your above example only rewrites the current article "Knowledge Base Home". Is there a way to automatically rewrite all articles when posted instead of manually having to rewrite them?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2014

Tomcat doesn't really support any form of rewrites, so Renato is effectively suggesting that you place Apache in front of your Confluence to do it. Also, Confluence does not support these rewrites - you're going to have a lot of "fun" trying to persuade them to work smoothly.

rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2014

Yes, Nic is right and sorry if I wasn't clear about using an Apache in front of Confluence :).

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Hi Matt, 

You are right, you can do it using mod_rewrite.

I believe the code below will help to do what do you want. Just remember to enable the mod_rewrite on your Apache. After, create a .htaccess. on your root directory with this code:

RewriteEngine  on

RewriteRule    ^display/KB/Knowledge+Base+Home(/.*)?$ display/Knowledge+Base+Home/$1 

Now, restart your apache and test it.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events