Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert to the old editor (Support ticket request)

Steve Phillips December 10, 2021

I am a free plan customer, evaluating Confluence Cloud (having been a long time user of confluence server).   My key conclusion reached so far is that the table management in Confluence Cloud is poor, approaching unusable (compared to the old editor).   

The following thread indicates that this can be reverted to the old editor by the support team, which can be initiated by posting to this community thread.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-questions/Roll-back-to-old-editor/qaq-p/1168182

Please can a support ticket be raised to revert my account to the old editor

Thanks in anticipation

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

I do not believe this is possible in new instances and at this time. That post is dated. I have flagged this post for an Atlassian team member to review/comment.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2022

Thanks for flagging, Jack!

Indeed, new Confluence sites don't automatically include the legacy editor template. However, we can always activate the Legacy template via a support ticket. We only need to understand why the new editor isn't meeting the customer's requirements.

Thanks again, and I hope you had a happy New Year!

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2022

Hello Steve,

Good afternoon, and thank you for raising this on Atlassian Community! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the table management in the new editor.

I'm happy to enable the Legacy editor template for you. As @Jack Brickey mentioned, new Confluence sites no longer include the legacy editor template. Still, we'll always be able to enable it for you. In turn, we'll want to gather feedback from you about the usability of the new editor.

I created a ticket on your behalf, so please check your email. I'll follow up with you shortly with the next steps.

Take care, and we'll speak soon.

Shannon | Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

Well I would say that a) you can't raise a support ticket on a free plan and b) the legacy editor is going away.

Generally, if you have been a server users for some time, you will be very dissappointed with the Cloud version. My top four concerns with Cloud:

1. No custom doman support (10+ year enhancement request still not completed)
  2. No custom CSS -- so forget branding
  3. No user macros -- no easy fix available for missing features, or a way to do quick enhancements
  4. No configuration control -- macros and functionality can dissappear overnight, breaking your workflows.

There is a long list of other missing features. So be sure to fully evaluate your use case before trying to move. I know my clients can't move due to these issues.

Steve Phillips December 10, 2021

Thanks for the updates, much appreciated. And apologies for using the support forum to raise a support ticket - it was only because the thread I linked to suggested exactly that for free plan users.

Such a shame the table functionality took such a huge backward step.

A full width page with a 2 column table looks ridiculous - and more to the point is unusable on a 27 inch monitor.   

Come on Atlassian, sort this out please. A wiki product that forces 100% table width just because you view the page full width  ?  It is crazy ugly. 

It genuinely is a showstopper for projects that use confluence heavily for wiki / technical documentation, where most pages contain tables.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2021

Yes, I agree that Cloud is not Enterprise ready. Their Enterprise answer is to upgrade to the much more expensive Data Center version.

Cloud is obviously a better deal than server for Atlassian, and why they are forcing users off of server. To be fair, they are not alone. Everyone wants to sell Cloud apps as they are easier to maintaine -- everyone is on the same version -- and you have to pay by the user per month forever.

My organiszation will soon have to make a decision on whether to upgrade to Data Center of just mothball our instance at the last version available, which would be a loss of revenue not only to Atlassian but to our plugin vendors.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events