Restricting Access to Confluence Templates

Jonathan Akhondi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 15, 2022

Is it possible to restrict access to specific templates in a Confluence Space by users or groups? Use case is we have a template that we want to keep to only US personnel being able to use and we share our instance with non-US personnel. 

3 answers

1 vote
Marko Turic March 11, 2024

I have the same problem; I need to forbid the use of templates for certain users in the space. A user can create a new page but must not use the selected template.

Has anyone had experience with a similar issue?

0 votes
Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Akhondi ! Did the above solution meet your needs? Or might you have unique permissions scenarios that need further exploration? I am a new PM on Confluence and curious about your request! Thx. 

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

Can you create a restricted space and create those as space templates within that space?

Jonathan Akhondi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2022

Hi Rob, I can look into that. I appreciate the input!

Like Rob Horan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events