Restricted content sharing does not work

Martin Bon March 28, 2022

We've stumbled upon an issue, where sharing a restricted page with another user still gives the restricted content message.

image.png

Only after requesting access, they can view the page.

Does this happen to anyone else? I couldn't find a recent existing issue. :(

1 answer

2 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2022

@Martin Bon Welcome to Confluence!

In Confluence, each page's restrictions are inherited from the pages above them in the page tree. If the user is restricted on the parent page, then simply giving them access to the child page is not enough. You need to provide top level access to see lower level content. If you have Premium, you can use the inspect permissions tool to determine where the user may be inheriting permissions from.

I hope this helps.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Martin Bon 

Please let me know if my answer assisted you. If it did, please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future. If not, please provide updated information so I can continue to assist.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events