Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Team Calendar in Confluence not sending notifications when events are added

RakTeam January 24, 2018

We have a calendar in confluence that is restricted to a list of viewers.  I, the admin, am also on that list AND watching this calendar, but when events are added to this calendar, I am not getting notifications no matter who adds the event.  I have all email notifications enabled on my profile and have checked my spam filter.  Is there another confluence setting that could be preventing me (and other users watching this calendar) from getting notifications when events are added?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

To help us narrow the issue down to either the users or the calendar, please:

• create a new calendar and add yourself as watcher, then add a test event and see if you get the email. If you do get it we know that the original calendar is at fault.
  • create a new page in the same space as the calendar, add yourself as watcher and see if you get notifications of an edit or comment on the page (if you get email from changes on regular pages but all calendars fail to notify, then we can focus on the calendars)

Also, please:

1 - Go to your Mail Queue in the admin panel and check both the Mail Queue and the Error Queue and see if you have any items in either list.

2 - Make sure the "Confluence Content Notification" plugin is fully enabled:

Go to Cog > General Administration > Manage Add-ons
Choose "System Plugins" from the drop down list
Find and click "Confluence Content Notification" plugin
Check if 106 of 106 modules are enabled, especially:
page-created-notification
page-edited-notification
page-moved-notification
page-trashed-notification

I look forward to hearing whether these suggestions help.

RakTeam January 26, 2018

Hi @AnnWorley, Thank you for looking into this.  I executed your troubleshooting steps and here is what I found:

• Created a new calendar and added myself as a watcher.  When I made changes or added events, I did not receive a notification of those changes.  
  • Created a new page in that same space and each change I made, I DID get a notification via email.
  1. No entries for me in either the mail queue or the error queue
  2. All modules within this plugin are enabled (106/106)

Thank you for your help!

RakTeam January 26, 2018

An additional note:  I had one of my associates watch the same calendar to see if maybe I just wasn't getting my own change notifications.  When I added an event to the same calendar while she was watching it, she also did not get a notification of the new event.  I hope that helps!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

It helps a lot, thank you! You isolated the issue to Team Calendars, eliminated the space as an issue (as updates to other pages in the space do get sent) and you eliminated your user account by checking if the emails were received by a colleague. 

At this point it makes sense for our support team to take a closer look. To facilitate this I created a support request on your behalf. You will receive a confirmation email from atlassian.com with your ticket details within the next few minutes. (Please check your spam or junk folder if you don't see this in your inbox. If you don't receive the confirmation email, please let us know.)

RakTeam January 29, 2018

Thanks Ann!   I never got the ticket email and I have checked my junk email.

Thanks!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2018

I just double checked, and your ticket is in the system and assigned. Please make sure you are checking the email that is associated with the Community account, "PIE_Team". I don't want to post the email address publicly but if you go to the profile pic at the top right and choose View Profile and then Edit Profile you can see the email address.

RakTeam January 29, 2018

That is really strange.  I sill don't have anything and it is using the same email associated with this question so if I am getting these updates, why wouldn't I get the ticket too?  Can you provide me with the ticket # so I can find it and follow it myself?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2018

As you mentioned, the ticket is using the same email address as this question, so you should be seeing updates from it. Please log into our support portal by clicking the Contact button on https://support.atlassian.com. The ticket number is CSP-221647.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events