Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict who can view comments

Bob Heckmann July 22, 2015

I'm a Confluence Cloud user. Wondering if it's possible to restrict view privileges on comments. In other words, can I put comments on pages that are essentially my personal notes for that page and restrict other visitors from seeing them?

Thanks,

Bob

4 answers

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

I should clarify that the Project Documentation Macros by smartics contains a macro that hides text in a page from those with only view rights, and has nothing to do with the comments.

If this functionality is workable, I would contact smartics about the feasibility of a cloud version.

It would also seem that someone smarter than me should be able to come up with a user macro that does the same thing; a jscript that evaluates a user's permissions and displays the enclosed text or not.

0 votes

Additional question Milo. What is the process to "hide" a comment? I don't see how to do it in the UI.

Thanks again,

Bob

0 votes

Thanks for the response Milo. Unfortunately, that won't work for my use case. I need to restrict comments view to the creating user only. Any idea if the macro that works for server will be made available for cloud?

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

There is a free macro for server that does this. For cloud, you could "hide" the comment so that it can only be seen in edit mode, that is, by someone with write permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events