Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict viewing of a macro's content

Clarisse Messey December 11, 2013

I included column macros in Confluence pages and I would like to know if it is possible to restrict the content of a column macro to some users only? I use the column macro to insert buttons on pages and I need to restrict the viewing of some buttons. Any idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013
Clarisse Messey December 12, 2013

Hi,

We tried to use the Visibility Plugin and we got an error message: The license could not be verified: There is no license certificate installed for CustomWare Visibility Plugin for Confluence.

We don't understand as it is a free plugin.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

Contact ServiceRocket (formerly CustomWare).

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2013

You have to go to ServiceRocket's site and create an account to get the free license.

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2013

It would be hard to filter by groups, but if it is only a few users that you want to restrict or allow, you can use this user macro that will filter by username.

For each of these macros, select "Rendered" for Macro Body Processing.

This macro will restrict viewing to only those usernames that you enter in the options:

## @param allowedusers:title=Allowed Users|type=string|desc=Users allowed to view

#if($paramallowedusers.contains($action.remoteUser.getName()))
$body
#end

This macro will allow viewing by all usernames except those that you enter in the options:

## @param blockedusers:title=Blocked Users|type=string|desc=Users to block from viewing

#if(!$paramblockedusers.contains($action.remoteUser.getName()))
$body
#end

Just insert the content you want to restrict in the body of the macro, and put the usernames that you want to restrict in the macro options (you can separate the usernames by spaces, commas, whatever you want). Hope that helps!

Clarisse Messey December 11, 2013

Hi,

we will test your solution, thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events