Restrict my JIRA/Confluence users' info from external users

Alexey Omelchenko August 26, 2015

Hello!

I'have been working with Atlassian products for a couple of years and actually know everything about its main concept and the way they work (from user's and admin's side): the concept of permissions, restrictions, project roles, security schemas, adding user directories and setting global permissions.

We have been working out one tricky moment: we have defined our user base, set several directories for both customers and internal users. Every single project and space have correct view/edit restrictions/permissions set.

So, our customers/external users get selective access to concrete projects and spaces, agile boards and etc.

However, each of external user can still see other people's information. E.g, talking about Confluence - People Tab in main top menu allows our customers to see list of our employees, their Names, e-mails and some private information. Talking about JIRA - external user can always click on JIRA user and go to his profile via https://JIRAInstance.com/issues/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=user_name link and spy some details.

So, my question is: are there any way we can restrict our employees data (in JIRA and Confluence) from external users?

1 answer

0 votes
Shun Hirayanagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events