Restrict content based on a blacklist of words

Jean-Paul
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2011

I have a requirement to block / redact or at the very minimum provide the ability to report and alert administrators when certain terms are published within confluence pages. I appreciate that in general this such an approach is not best practice in terms of Wiki openness etc but I need a solution to support corporate governance policies.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2011
Sounds like you need WTFilter: http://codegeist.atlassian.com/entry/167988
2 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2015

G'day @Jean-Paul,

Redaction for Confluence provides a more granular level of content visibility, enabling you to hide words or paragraphs within a page. Redacted content is not included in page exports or search results, ensuring that sensitive information stays private.

redaction-for-confluence 1120x548px Marketplace.png

May be useful for your scenario.

If you want more details on the add-on contact me via nick@arijea.com or +1 415 568 7064.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon
Arijea

1 vote
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2011

Using the reporting plug-in, you could create a table of violators:

------------------------

Code:

-----------------------

{report-table}

{content-reporter:space=@self}

{or-filter}

{text-filter:content:body|include=dog,cat}

{text-filter:content:title|include=dog,cat}

{or-filter}

{content-reporter}

{report-column:title=Title}{report-info:page:title|link=true}{report-column}

{report-table}

------------------------
------------------------
This only searches a single space (whichever space contains the page with this content. It can search all spaces by changed "@self" to "@all". It may be slow in refreshing, depending upon your volume. It may make more sense to do a database query.
This example searches for the strings: "cat" and "dog". Replace that with your blacklist.
I do not know if you can subscribe to the page and it will run automatically. It may be a manual page visit, 1/day or whatever you need.
0 votes
Jim Birch
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2011

If you are able to hit the database with an sql query, or schedule a report, you could use a variant of this query. Pros: no plugin; cons: sql.

-- Query to locate current pages containing a specified string
-- Jim Birch 2011.01.28
select  -- top 100
 s.spacekey, c.TITLE, c.CREATOR, c.LASTMODIFIER, c.LASTMODDATE --, bc.body 
from
  dbo.CONTENT c
join
  dbo.BODYCONTENT bc
on
 c.CONTENTID = bc.CONTENTID
-- note: spaceid is null on old page versions so join on
-- space id selects only current pages.  Nice.
join
 dbo.SPACES s
on
 s.SPACEID = c.SPACEID
where
 bc.BODY like '%sometext%' 
order by
 s.spacekey, c.title

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events