Restrict blog per sub-page

Sarah Killeen December 5, 2022

My team have a Confluence page with many sub-pages. Can we restrict the blog functionality per sub-page?  the reason being that each project is a sub-page and we don't want blog posts relating to project A being broadcast out to project B resources unnecessarily

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Sarah Killeen ,

you can restrict blogposts the same way as you can restrict pages. Use the view + edit restriction here. This way, you don't have to work with labels and you prevent watchers from getting unnecessary mail.

Authors of blogposts should restrict their articles before publishing them. If the project members are organized in Confluence groups, this is done in seconds. (If they're not, create groups.)

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

I agree with @Florian Bonniec 

If each project had a space (rather than just a page at a certain level of the page tree in a space with all the other projects) then all blogs within would be about that project.

Or as Florian suggests, if all projects in the one space, then by the diligent use of labels and settings within the Blog posts macro, correct routing of the blogs could be achieved.

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Sarah Killeen 

Not sure to understand but I would say no. Blog post are stored in another hierarchy in each space. It's strutured base on a date and not any paretn page.

You can change the way you manage the project by for instance create 1 space/project or manage every blog post with labels and display them using the blogpost macro in a more standard page.

Regards 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events