Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring pages from a newer Confluence version to an older Confluence version ?

sanjaysrikonda September 3, 2013

My company updated to the latest version of Confluence, it broke almost all our plugins so they want to downgrade back to a previous version. Unfortunately, people in the interim made pages and now want to keep those pages in the downgrade.

Is there a "painless" (I've found almost nothing painless with anything from Atlassian) way for us to backup and restore those pages from a newer version to an older version of the software?

I'm assuming the answer is a resounding "no" but I thought I'd ask the collective hive any way.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

What is the previous version of your Confluence? As a suggestion, you can restore the database and home directory of the previous instance and then install Confluence Source Editor in the current and previous Confluence instances. This plugin allows you to copy the page content created in the current Confluence and paste it onto the previous Confluence in the form of HTML. This still requires a manual work for each pages but it's probably the best bet you could have now.

PS: We always recommend our customers to try out the upgrade task on a test server first and check for any broken functionalities and incompatible plugins before moving forward with the upgrade on the production server to avoid future problems.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events