Restore confluence

Andrey Basharov May 8, 2019

Hello. We had a server with jira and confluence. This server was destroyed, but we have their db backup. How can we recover it?

Our product version was most likely old -  this is problem?

How can I find out the version of the product in the database?

Can you provide an old distribution for installation?

2 answers

0 votes
sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

I suggest you try he following.

1.Install confluence fresh instance same version.

2.Stop confluence.

3.Load DB dump.

4.Copy attachments folder to home.

5.Clear cases and perform content reindexing.

But still you have to check useravaters and few other features are working.

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2019

Hi, @Andrey Basharov !

Please, take a look at the following article and see whether it applies to your situation.

And here's the similar question on finding out the Confluence version from your database:

Does anyone know if the version of Confluence is stored in the Confluence database?

Please, try to go through the steps described there. Should you have any questions or difficulties, get back to us.

Thanks, but I think I have a different situation. I only have a mssql database backup. It is in format .bak. Can i recover Jira and Confluence from such a backup?

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2019

Oh, I see.

I've looked through the following article:

Restoring Data from other Backups

and I don't see how this may be possible, because you're required to have not only the backup of your database, but of your home directory as well. 

It seems that there's no way to recover (according to the related documentation). I don't know, there may be some other ways that I'm unaware of. Maybe someone from the Community can add something here or correct me if I'm wrong.

I have attachment file from from Confluence. Is this not enough?

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2019

As attachments are only a part of the overall application's structure I have grave doubts it would work.

Again, I might be wrong here.

Do you think we can somehow save at least an article?

Вы говорите по русски? Как думаете сможем ли мы как то спасти хотя бы статьи? 

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2019

Да, конечно. Дело в том, что тут принято задавать вопросы и отвечать на них так, чтобы как можно больше людей извлекло пользу, поэтому я стараюсь отвечать на английском :)

По поводу восстановления. На вашем месте я попробовал бы посмотреть структуру базы и ее содержимое. Где-то там должны быть ваши статьи, тогда можно будет попробовать восстановиться в полу-ручном режиме. Если статей не слишком много, разумеется.

Честно говоря, ни разу так не делал, поэтому даже не смогу подсказать, какие трудности могут возникнуть по ходу.

Понятно, спасибо.

Мы устанавливали Jira и Confluence 06.02.17, вы можете какая на тот момент у них была актуальная версия? 

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2019

I'm sorry I'll switch back to English :)

These are both products' timelines:

Confluence Release Summary

Jira Software Version History

It looks like you versions colud be:

Confluence 6.0 - November 2016

Jira Server 7.4.6 2018-01-16

Unless you've updated them after.

Like Andrey Basharov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events