Restore confluence space

Sarah Elmer April 25, 2013

User deleted full space in Confluence OnDemand. Not in Trash listing under Space Admin for that space. User clicked on Restore right after deletion, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Contact support....

Thought that might be my only answer so I did put in a ticket to support. Sure was hoping there was a way we could do it ourselves. Thanks for the quick reply!

2 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Hello Sarah,

Space removal is non recoverable operation. You will see from the space Removal Dialog that.

"This operation cannot be undone. Once the space is removed, it cannot be retrieved. It will be gone forever."

There is unfortunately nothing that we can do to recover it.

Daniel - Not according to what is now being displayed... It states it can be recovered by the Space Administrator (for OnDemand, that is Atlassian).

Delete Page

Are you sure you want to send this page to the trash?

Please note:
  • Removing a page moves it into the trash can. You can speak to your space administrator to have it recovered.
  • There are 0 incoming link(s) to this page. These links will be broken when this page is deleted.
  • This page is set as home of Test space.
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2013

Hi Sarah,

A space administrator can actually be anyone - this is determined by your space permissions. Whoever was an admin on that space (at least the owner of that space) will be able to restore it if it is still in the trash. However, what you show here is the dialog for deleting a page, not a space.

Thanks,

-dave

Sol Salas February 9, 2022

Hi Dave! 

I need help because I think that one of my spaces was deleted because of a bug. When trying to delete one space, it automatically opened another one and deleted that one.

Can you help me with this? Cause it was the wrong space, and we did not make any back up. 

Thank you!

Sol

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Based on your screen capture, it looks like they just deleted the Home page and not the entire space. The Home page can be restored by the admin.

Regards,

Kay

Kay - you're correct. Got to watch my terminology. It was the page deleted and all child pages are still intack, but orphaned.

Dave - already checked the Trash and this page is not listed in order to restore inhouse. A lot of others were listed (all much older deletions) for that "space". We tried to purge some to see if newer deletions would appear, but that didn't work as well.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Backups for ondemand instances?

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Yeah...you won't be able to do much in an ondemand instance in the way of recovery for a single space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events