Restore confluence space

User deleted full space in Confluence OnDemand. Not in Trash listing under Space Admin for that space. User clicked on Restore right after deletion, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Contact support....

Thought that might be my only answer so I did put in a ticket to support. Sure was hoping there was a way we could do it ourselves. Thanks for the quick reply!

Hello Sarah,

Space removal is non recoverable operation. You will see from the space Removal Dialog that.

"This operation cannot be undone. Once the space is removed, it cannot be retrieved. It will be gone forever."

There is unfortunately nothing that we can do to recover it.

Daniel - Not according to what is now being displayed... It states it can be recovered by the Space Administrator (for OnDemand, that is Atlassian).

Delete Page

Are you sure you want to send this page to the trash?

Please note:
  • Removing a page moves it into the trash can. You can speak to your space administrator to have it recovered.
  • There are 0 incoming link(s) to this page. These links will be broken when this page is deleted.
  • This page is set as home of Test space.

Hi Sarah,

A space administrator can actually be anyone - this is determined by your space permissions. Whoever was an admin on that space (at least the owner of that space) will be able to restore it if it is still in the trash. However, what you show here is the dialog for deleting a page, not a space.

Thanks,

-dave

Yeah...you won't be able to do much in an ondemand instance in the way of recovery for a single space.

Backups for ondemand instances?

Based on your screen capture, it looks like they just deleted the Home page and not the entire space. The Home page can be restored by the admin.

Regards,

Kay

Kay - you're correct. Got to watch my terminology. It was the page deleted and all child pages are still intack, but orphaned.

Dave - already checked the Trash and this page is not listed in order to restore inhouse. A lot of others were listed (all much older deletions) for that "space". We tried to purge some to see if newer deletions would appear, but that didn't work as well.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,149 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you