Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore backup from unsupported version 6.15.3

Claude Laflamme June 8, 2022

We recently had an issue with our confluence server and had to reinstall it and restore its content from backups. 

While doing this, we found out that our version 6.15.3 was not supported and not available from download archives.

We went ahead and use the next available version 6.15.4 to restore the server before migrating to latest version available version. 

Result was that the restore process failed (always after reaching 90% with a rollback message). We did try various backups and confluence version and the result was always the same.

We were able to recuperate most of our data by installing version 6.15.4 and then changing the configuration file to connect confluence to the old database. 

The problem we now have is we have lost our attachments. I can see those in the backups we have but don't know if there is a way to connect them back to the actual location (pages) in confluence. Any way to achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Claude Laflamme ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

There is a process to achieve this . Follow the steps in the below KB article and check if that helps 

I hope the above info helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Claude Laflamme June 9, 2022

Thanks Srinatha, I had found this article but missed the hierarchical file system article it refers to. Will be able to rebuild my folder with all that info.

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

@Claude Laflamme  Yes try the steps. It should help. Have a good day!

Claude Laflamme June 27, 2022

Hi, 

I created an sql query to generate the mkdir and copy commands for those you would be interested.

with attachments as (

select
'ver003/' || right(s.spaceid::text,3)::integer % 250 || '/' || left(right(s.spaceid::text,6),3)::integer % 250 || '/' || s.spaceid || '/' || right(p.contentid::text,3)::integer % 250 || '/' || left(right(p.contentid::text,6),3)::integer % 250 || '/' || p.contentid || '/' || a.contentid as dir,
'ver003/' || right(s.spaceid::text,3)::integer % 250 || '/' || left(right(s.spaceid::text,6),3)::integer % 250 || '/' || s.spaceid || '/' || right(p.contentid::text,3)::integer % 250 || '/' || left(right(p.contentid::text,6),3)::integer % 250 || '/' || p.contentid || '/' || a.contentid || '/' || a.version as destination,
a.pageid || '/' || a.contentid || '/' || a.version as source,
s.spaceid,
a.pageid,
a.contentid
from
spaces s
join content p on p.spaceid = s.spaceid and p.contenttype = 'PAGE'
join content a on a.pageid = p.contentid and a.contenttype = 'ATTACHMENT'
order by s.spaceid, p.contentid, a.contentid

)

select 'mkdir -p ' || a.dir, 'cp ' || a.source || ' ' || a.destination
from attachments a
Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2022

Nice work. Thanks for sharing

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events