Restore a Confluence Site

Mike Shyavitz May 3, 2022

Hi All,

Atlassian support referred me here. 

I created a confluence site a few years ago and have been using it for lots of different things. I didn't need it for about a year, and it looks like you guys went and deleted the entire site. I never saw the alerts I guess. I never figured it would be deleted that quickly after that short of a period of inactivity. Is there any way to restore it? There is some really critical content in there that I have to get back.

Thanks,
Mike

2 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Hello Mike,

Thanks for raising this problem in Atlassian Community. I'm sorry to hear you've lost your Confluence site data.

Note that we deactivate free sites after 120 days of inactivity and then retain the data for 30 days. You can refer to Track storage and move data across products for more information.

From the Customer Advocate ticket, I see that you have one active site with the free versions of Confluence and Jira Software. I had a look at the billing logs. Since there was no activity in Confluence for over four months, we suspended Confluence for inactivity on October 6, 2021. We sent an email confirming this:

We're reaching out to let you know that your Confluence site, [SITE-NAME].atlassian.net, is being deactivated due to more than 4 months of inactivity. You will no longer be able to access products, and your data will be permanently deleted soon after.

On December 6, 2021, we permanently deleted your data. Unfortunately, this is outside of the 30 days, so we cannot assist you with restoring your site.

However, if you previously created a site backup and need help restoring it, please let me know!

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2022

Hi @Mike Shyavitz 

I assume this was a free instance?

As far as I know, instances are deactivated if not used for 120 days - it's explained in more detail on this help page for Jira, but I believe it's the same for other products too.

You might be able to restore the instance with the data intact - I'm not sure how long it is kept for once deactivated. But, to restore the instance:

1. Go to https://support.atlassian.com/
  2. Select Contact 
  3. For What can we help you with? - select Billing, payments, and pricing
  4. For Select a topic - select Help with a deactivated site
  5. Provide the URL, and give some details in the message

Let us know if this works for you - and if your data remained intact!

Ste

Mike Shyavitz May 7, 2022

Hey Stephen - Thanks for the reply. I can do that, although I actually already did that and they referred me here. The ticket was CA-1790512. Any suggestions?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2022

Hi @Mike Shyavitz 

Strange! This isn't something the Community would be able to help with necessarily.

Did you use those options I mentioned above? I'll also escalate it to an Atlassian team member to review :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events