Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Page version leads to Page not found

Ibrahim Farhan June 19, 2022

Hello,

after upgrading confluence 7.13.2 to Confluence 7.13.7, the restore page  from an old version ,also if created after upgrade, leads always to Page Not Found error. 

confluence/pages/dorevertpagebacktoversion.action

2022-06-19 20:01:49,502 ERROR [http-nio-8090-exec-87] [atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher] serviceAction There is no Action mapped for namespace /pages and action name ${fullTargetAction}
 -- url: /confluence/pages/dorevertpagebacktoversion.action | traceId: 40da15f6cea38158 | userName: admin_global

What I did:

- Re-index from scratch

- Clean plugin cache

- Many times restart.

This impacts our business and many users are missing this function.

Best Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kannan Pillai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2022

Hello Ibrahim,

I believe this is the bug caused by Scaffolding Forms & Templates by ServiceRocket Team. If you want you can try to disable the Scaffolding Forms & Templates plugin and check if you are able to restore the version.

ServiceRocket team has release the fix for this as well. Please find below link for your reference.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/190/scaffolding-forms-templates?tab=versions&hosting=datacenter

If disabling of Scaffolding app works, you can update the plugin to the above provided link version to fix this issue permanently.

BR,
Kannan

Ibrahim Farhan June 21, 2022

Hello Kennan, 

Yes, I already found that problem and removed the Scaffolding Plugin completely. we do not need  it anymore.

Thank you!

Support for DC and Server Instances, is now only via Community?  I did not found a way to send a bug to Atlassians. 

Best Regards,

Ibrahim 

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

We have same problem with Confuence 7.19, and I confirm that by disabling the Scaffolding plugin, issue is gone. But currently, ServiceRocket (Scaffolding editor) cannot reproduce the issue on their side.

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2023

I will add my answer here in case anyone else runs into this.
We were also able to confirm that disabling the Scaffolding plugin did fix the issue.
I took it one step further to try and figure out if there was a specific module that was causing the issue.  I found that there is a module called
Do Revert Page Back To Version (actionOverides)
When we disabled this module, the Restore Page to Version started working again.
We are on Confluence Server v7.13.0 and Scaffolding v8.25.4

Like Nicolas Casel likes this
Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2023

I confirm @Chris Solgat 

ServiceRocket never managed to reproduce the issue, so we found this workaround : in 'Manage Apps / Scaffolding', disabling the 'Do Revert Page Back To Version ' macro.

Recently, we upgraded to Scaffolding v8.26.28, and there is no need any more to disable this macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events