Rest API call: 404 Page Not found Error

Sumit_Raj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 28, 2019

Hi Team,

I wanted to create page in confluence. so i tried to browse some API  but always i am getting page not found error.

1. For testing purpose i tried to get  the History of the page for that also getting the same error.

https://<my URL>/rest/content/65865/history

Can you please suggest?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

Sumit,

Thank you for contacting us! Happy to help with this.

Can you tell me what REST call you're using where you are getting the page not found error? 

What version of Confluence is this for?

What user are you running the queries with? Does the user have permissions in Confluence to create a page in that Space?

Regards,

Shannon

Sushma September 11, 2019

Hi @Shannon S 

I wanted to get the confluence page content with the help of REST API.For that I am using the below REST API

http://<confluenceurl>/confluence/rest/api/content/13336830?expand=body.storage

but always I am getting "Page Not Found error". 

page not found.PNG

For other API's also getting the same error.

Our confluence version is 6.9.0 and I am having admin access, though I am not able to get the results.

I tried in server with curl command as follows

$curl -u sushma:sushma http://<confluenceURL>/confluence/rest/api/content/13336836?expand=body.storage

Error :

curl: (7) Failed connect to <url>:8090; Connection timed out

Can you help me to resolve this ?

Regards

Sushma

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hello Sushma,

Your query is right; you might be using an incorrect page ID.

Check How to Get Confluence Page ID to ensure you're using the right page ID. Additionally, your Connection timed out error could be another issue. For some reason, you're not able to reach Confluence from your terminal. You'll want to ping your base URL from the terminal and ensure that works.

Lastly, I wanted to make sure that you were aware of the important security advisories that were announced this past spring. Have a read through Confluence CVEs and Common Questions. You will need to ensure that your Confluence instance is no longer on an affected version. This means you should upgrade to one of the versions listed there or higher, such as the latest release of Confluence.

Let us know if you have any further questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Sushma likes this
Sushma September 12, 2019

Thanks for the response @Shannon S  :)

Sebastiano Mottese
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 25, 2023

I have same error and using correct PageID, @shannons, were you able to solve the issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events