Reset value of a field while updating the Confiform entry/records

Dhiraj Kr_ Gupta May 14, 2024

I have a Checkbox( group) as a field in Confiform. when someone wants to update the record,it automatically pre checked as it was checked when created. I want to remove this  pre checked feature and needs to be checked when someone edit or modify

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2024

Do you have a rule that sets the value on this field or how is it "pre checked"?

Dhiraj Kr_ Gupta May 15, 2024

Yes it was checked during when it was first time created/ submitted the form. So when some wants to modify, the user needs to check the box for the consent.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2024

And you want to reset it the moment they attempt to modify the record?

Consider setting up Reset rule - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/ConfiForms+Field+Definition+Rules#ConfiFormsFieldDefinitionRules-Resetvalue

Dhiraj Kr_ Gupta May 15, 2024

Yes, but the method is not provided in the link you shared

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2024

What do you mean? "Reset Value" rule is part of ConfiForms Field Definition Rules macro.

Dhiraj Kr_ Gupta May 16, 2024

I am not getting how to do it, can you help me please

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2024

Add ConfiForms Field Definition Rule, set action to Reset Value and put the field name you want to reset in the corresponding parameter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events