Reset table column width

JD Stuart January 23, 2020

I have a table in Confluence Cloud where I manually adjusted the column width. How do I reset the column width so that it's automatically resized by Confluence and doesn't fix the column width to what I manually set?

Basically I'd like to reset the column property back to default.

2 answers

0 votes
Ian S September 19, 2022

I came here with the same problem, I ended up finding my own solution.

If you are comfortable with editing HTML, open the source editor via the '< >' icon at top right.

Scroll through the page code until you find the top of the table.  

Remove the width attribute from the table tag
Remove the <colgroup> set.

When you exit the editor, it will replace the colgroup set with empty values

<colgroup>
  <col />
  <col />
  <col />
</colgroup>

That seemed to work for me.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Hi @JD Stuart

The quickest method is to add a new table.

Confluence will react to the table and the contents within it, so it depends on the number of columns - and as you add or remove columns, it will re-size to consider the size of the page and the columns within it.

If you want to reset your table - adding a new one (or removing and re-adding columns to an extent), will help get to those sizes.

Ste

JD Stuart January 27, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ I tried that but as soon as I copy over a column from the table whose width I'd like to reset, it copies the width of that column as well. I can retype it, but in a table with 50 rows that's a lot of work.

Like Kernchen likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events