cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request - Confluence Server SQL - Page Views

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2022

Hello, could anyone direct me to the table which shows page view activity? DBO.CONTENT shows created, modified, and other user data, but I would like to pull page views.

• Bonus point if you supply the SQL statement if it involves a join. 

Note: Global activity is enabled and I can see the top space page views and edits... so the data has to be captured somewhere...

Cheers!

3 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Smith ,

You can use the page view tracker for that. Its a free app. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

@Srinatha T I've installed that app in our DEV environment but the app's view counter only starts when the app is installed/enabled; I need to see the view count over the lifetime of the target page. 

Is there no way to get the page view count from SQL? Even if the SQL for 'top 10 'most popular content (views)' (under space activity) could be supplied, I could simplify the query from there to a unique page.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Smith ,

The below query will give you the page name and when it was last viewed. I just quickly tested and seems to be working fine. 

SELECT c.title, rv."LAST_VIEW_DATE"
FROM "AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED" rv, content c
WHERE rv."SPACE_KEY" = <spaceKey> AND rv."CONTENT_ID" = c.contentid ORDER BY rv."LAST_VIEW_DATE" DESC

I hope above info will help. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T 

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Smith ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

So basically you want to know when the page was last viewed right? I think you can get that result by joining "AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED" and content table. 

I will let you know if i had any success in getting the details for you. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2022

@Srinatha T  I want to know how many times a page was viewed. Space activity shows the top 10 'most popular content (views)', but I want to be able to do this for any page.

Sorry, I didn't make that super clear in my question.

Thanks,

Jon

Like Srinatha T likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events