Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Request - Confluence Server SQL - Page Views

Hello, could anyone direct me to the table which shows page view activity? DBO.CONTENT shows created, modified, and other user data, but I would like to pull page views.

• Bonus point if you supply the SQL statement if it involves a join. 

Note: Global activity is enabled and I can see the top space page views and edits... so the data has to be captured somewhere...

Cheers!

3 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Jun 17, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Smith ,

You can use the page view tracker for that. Its a free app. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

@Srinatha T I've installed that app in our DEV environment but the app's view counter only starts when the app is installed/enabled; I need to see the view count over the lifetime of the target page. 

Is there no way to get the page view count from SQL? Even if the SQL for 'top 10 'most popular content (views)' (under space activity) could be supplied, I could simplify the query from there to a unique page.

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Smith ,

The below query will give you the page name and when it was last viewed. I just quickly tested and seems to be working fine. 

SELECT c.title, rv."LAST_VIEW_DATE"
FROM "AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED" rv, content c
WHERE rv."SPACE_KEY" = <spaceKey> AND rv."CONTENT_ID" = c.contentid ORDER BY rv."LAST_VIEW_DATE" DESC

I hope above info will help. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T 

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Smith ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

So basically you want to know when the page was last viewed right? I think you can get that result by joining "AO_92296B_AORECENTLY_VIEWED" and content table. 

I will let you know if i had any success in getting the details for you. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

@Srinatha T  I want to know how many times a page was viewed. Space activity shows the top 10 'most popular content (views)', but I want to be able to do this for any page.

Sorry, I didn't make that super clear in my question.

Thanks,

Jon

Like Srinatha T likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

338 views 2 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you