Reports on search terms

Adam Cohen April 16, 2018

HI All,

I want to know the search terms our customers search for and how many documents they are finding, especially the terms that result in no documents. I want to see this report on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis.

We use Confluence for our external knowledge base which is located here:  https://docs.fastspring.com

How do I collect this type of data?

Thanks,

Adam Cohen

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Adam,

I would recommend using something like Google Analytics for your site. I haven't used it personally but it seems like you could get the information you need using it.

You can go ahead and trial the add-on and see if it meets your requirements.

Regards,

Shannon

Adam Cohen April 19, 2018

Thank you for the quick reply!  Atlassian also responded and said they would add this to the Feature Request queue.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Thanks, Adam. Happy that my colleague was able to submit that for you.

Could you provide the URL for the feature request they sent you? That way if other users want the feature they can vote on it and increase its popularity.

Regards,

Shannon

Yaacov Weingarten August 27, 2018

Adam, hi

Any news on the URL of the feature request? As an aside - Google Analytics does not seem to have access to the data for our external documentation site.

Did you find any other way to get this data?

Thanx,

yaacov

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events