Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting plugin question: Reporting on users in certain groups

Daniel Stavrou August 4, 2011

I am trying to pull up a list of users in a certain group within our Confluence instance. Problem is when I try to apply a filter on the user-report macro I retrieve no one from the users list. Down below is a the snippet I am using to get the user data, filter it, and get the user data I want to present.

{report-block:maxResults=10}

{user-reporter}
{user-reporter}

{report-body}
*Report For User:* {report-info:user:name}
*Full Name:* {report-info:user:full name}
*Groups:* {report-info:user:groups}
*Authored Pages Count:* {report-info:user:authored pages count}
----
{report-body}

{report-empty}
_No users listed_
{report-empty}
{report-block}

discovery_admin is a the group I want to pull user from but I am actually getting nothing out of it. Removing the filter generates a list of all users. There are users in this group for sure, but I my syntax may be incorrect for retrieving them.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2011

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure what filter you were trying to use, as that is probably where the problem lies. However, to get all users from 'discovery_admin', just add the 'group' parameter to your {user-reporter}. Eg:

{user-reporter:group=discovery_admin}

Hope that helps...

Regards,

David Peterson
CustomWare | Sydney, Australia | www.customware.net | david.peterson@customware.net
Australia: +61 2 9900 5700 | Malaysia: +60 173 283 768 | US: +1 888 707 0088 (toll free)
The rocket has launched! www.trainingrocket.com</div<>>

Hi David,

I actually have tried that as well. The odd thing is that it produces no results. It actually does not for many of the groups listed that we have. It does work for confluence-administrators (as an example). I also tried using the {User-list} macro to see if it could list out members in different groups and it would not detect groups I would list (such as discovery_admin).

Is there a reason that the plugin may not be picking up on many of the groups we have created in our Confluence instance?

Thanks!

Just wanted to add on to that but the difference between some groups is that the User field for when the report successfully reported those in a group (confluence-administrators) was filled with their unique ID (12 digit number) but the other groups that are reporting nothing have members in them but the Name field has lastname/,firstname or a username (jsmith11 for example).

Would this impact the performace of the reporting plugin? Hopefully that all made sense.

Thanks again!

David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2011

Hi Dan, not sure why the naming convention would be affecting it. A more likely problem is if you have a mix of different sources for the users, such as LDAP, Active Directory, Crowd, etc. There have been reports of odd behaviour in some of these curcumstances, but I've never been able to test them due to not haveing an appropriate authentication server to test agains...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events