cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting number of status updates?

ITops123
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2011

How can I create a report on the number of status updates created by users since a certain date? We have been pushing this feature a lot and would love to see if our number of status updates has gone up.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2011

If you want to solve this with the SQL plugin, the query would probably look something like this:

SELECT creator AS 'Username', COUNT(*) AS 'Number of status updates'
FROM content
WHERE contenttype = 'USERSTATUS'
AND creationdate >= '2011-11-22' -- insert your date filter here
GROUP BY creator
ORDER BY creator

Find more information about the Confluence Data Model here.

Hope this helps

1 vote
Gert-Jan van de Streek
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

One option is to write a custom supplier for the reporting plugin. When you have that supplier you can report on all your users or specific groups or whatever selection you require.

A custom supplier is easy to write, it would look somewhat like:

public class UserInfoSupplier implements Supplier {

private UserStatusManager userStatusManager;

public Object getValue(Object context, String key) throws UnsupportedContextException, SupplierException {

User user = (User) context;

return userStatusManager.getUserStatusCount(user);

}

}

0 votes
Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2011

There is no function available for doing something like that. You could create your own plugin or macro to get some report like this. Plan B could be using the SQL plugin and query the database, but I would not recommend it)

## Macro title: User Status Count
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: No macro body
## Output: HTML
##
## Developed by: Stefan Kohler
## Date created: 29/06/2011

## @param Username:title=username|type=string|required=true|desc=Username of the user

#set($containerManagerClass=$content.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager'))
#set($getInstanceMethod=$containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null))
#set($containerManager=$getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null))
#set($containerContext=$containerManager.containerContext)
#set($userStatusManager=$containerContext.getComponent('userStatusManager'))

$userStatusManager.getUserStatusCount($paramUsername)

This user-macro would do the trick, only downside is that you have to add it for every user in your instance

{userstatuscount:Username=stefan}
ITops123
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2011

I know you said you don't recommend doing a SQL query, but I'm using the SQL plugin to run other queries. If it is possible, I'd like to use this approach. Also, we have about 400 users, so I can't use a by-user macro.

Can you tell me what tables I need to query to count the status updates?

Additionally, where can I get a list of tables I can query using postgre with Confluence? I can only find examples of SQL queries but this doesn't help me get a comprehensive look at what's possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events