I'm trying to use the JIRA reporting function in Confluence to show information about 1 epic and it's stories. Specifically I'm trying to show (remaining) estimates on the stories. However, their estimates are coming from the sub-tasks and they are not showing in the reporting.
I'm using the option 'JIRA issue/filter' with a query such as:
project = XXX AND "Epic Link" = XXX-#### OR issue = XXX-#### ORDER BY key
The estimates remain empty. However, when I go to our project board and open one of those stories I do see the estimates (with a tick box that says 'include sub-tasks').
How can I show that estimate including sub-tasks in the reporting queries?
You should be able to display the column "Aggregated original estimates". In this column you will get displayed the original estimates of the current issue including the subtasks
Thank you for your reply! Just for anyone else reading this, the aggregated original estimate shows as:
Interestingly enough I had already tried this with the aggregated remaining estimate and that one doesn't work:
Not sure why it doesn't work, in the ticket it does show:
If anyone has any idea about this particular issue, that would be great.
very interessing ... could you give us a table view of the current issue and his subtasks where you include the column "Remaning Estimate", "Orgiginal Estimate", "Timespent" and the aggregated ones of them? Maybe this helps us to solve this one
Apologies for the late reply, turns out my account was limited and I couldn't post anymore.
I think this fulfils your request:
I realised the issue that had a change in remaining estimate (XXX-1289) was an issue I converted from story to sub-task. I figured that might cause it. So I also took a 'real' sub-task (XXX-1321) and wrote an hour of work on there to see if that did anything. It didn't.
Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
thats really strange ...
I configured your setup in my demo instance and the aggregated remaining estimation was correct in all issues. As I currently can't upload a picture at this question, here's a external link to my configuration
Whicht JIRA version do you have? Did you tried to reindex your JIRA? I'm sorry, but I think I don't have a good answer about this behaviour
It might be a version issue. I did try the reindex, but I can say we are not running the latest version at the moment as I still need to do some migration work before I can update it.
For now I'll just let this rest and pick it up after updating to the latest version and I assume it will be fixed at that point.
Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events