Reporting - JIRA issue/filter include sub-task estimates in story overview?

Bryserker February 20, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to use the JIRA reporting function in Confluence to show information about 1 epic and it's stories. Specifically I'm trying to show (remaining) estimates on the stories. However, their estimates are coming from the sub-tasks and they are not showing in the reporting.

I'm using the option 'JIRA issue/filter' with a query such as:

project = XXX AND "Epic Link" = XXX-#### OR issue = XXX-#### ORDER BY key

The estimates remain empty. However, when I go to our project board and open one of those stories I do see the estimates (with a tick box that says 'include sub-tasks').

How can I show that estimate including sub-tasks in the reporting queries?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

Hi Brayn,

You should be able to display the column "Aggregated original estimates". In this column you will get displayed the original estimates of the current issue including the subtasks

Cheers,

Julian

Bryserker February 20, 2017

Hi Julian,

Thank you for your reply! Just for anyone else reading this, the aggregated original estimate shows as:

image2017-2-21 9:58:0.png

Interestingly enough I had already tried this with the aggregated remaining estimate and that one doesn't work:

image2017-2-21 9:59:55.png

Not sure why it doesn't work, in the ticket it does show:

image2017-2-21 10:1:2.png

If anyone has any idea about this particular issue, that would be great.

Regards,

Bryan

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

very interessing ... could you give us a table view of the current issue and his subtasks where you include the column "Remaning Estimate", "Orgiginal Estimate", "Timespent" and the aggregated ones of them? Maybe this helps us to solve this one

Thanks,

Julian

Bryserker February 22, 2017

Hi Julian,

Apologies for the late reply, turns out my account was limited and I couldn't post anymore.

I think this fulfils your request:

image2017-2-22 15:22:29.png

I realised the issue that had a change in remaining estimate (XXX-1289) was an issue I converted from story to sub-task. I figured that might cause it. So I also took a 'real' sub-task (XXX-1321) and wrote an hour of work on there to see if that did anything. It didn't.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Regards,

Bryan

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2017

Hi Brayn,

thats really strange ...

I configured your setup in my demo instance and the aggregated remaining estimation was correct in all issues. As I currently can't upload a picture at this question, here's a external link to my configuration

https://img2.picload.org/image/rlradicw/blub.jpg

Whicht JIRA version do you have? Did you tried to reindex your JIRA? I'm sorry, but I think I don't have a good answer about this behaviour sad

Cheers,

Julian

Bryserker February 22, 2017

Hi Julian,

It might be a version issue. I did try the reindex, but I can say we are not running the latest version at the moment as I still need to do some migration work before I can update it.

For now I'll just let this rest and pick it up after updating to the latest version and I assume it will be fixed at that point.

Thank you!

Regards,

Bryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events