Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report to see articles older than 1 year

RJax April 7, 2022

I am creating a KB space that will have many child pages. These pages are all how to articles that will describe specific steps to complete tasks. I have created a table in a template that has a "Reviewed Date" which can be filled in using the "//" shortcut.

What I would like to do is have a running list of pages or a report that looks at the "Reviewed Date" field and lets me know which ones are older than 1 year.

My goal is to make sure that every page is reviewed for accuracy each year.

I have not been able to find a solution to this so I am open to suggestions, thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

Hi @RJax , welcome to the Atlassian Community.

At this moment, there is no such feature out-of-the-box.

There are third-party apps like Comala Document Management the enable you to create a Content Expiry Workflow.

However, Atlassian have announced that a similar feature may come to Confluence Cloud.

RJax April 7, 2022

I appreciate your assistance. Just for my clarification, is there a way to create a report that pulls the page title and that date field so I can just review it manually?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2022

Yes, can insert the page properties macro on each of those pages and create a table with 1 row and 2 columns.

You put Review Date in the first column and the actual date using the "//" shortcut in the second column. You do this for every page and use specific label.

Then you create a new page and you insert the page properties report macro.

This will show all pages with the page properties macro and pivot the table showing you the title of the page and the review date.

Like RJax likes this
RJax April 7, 2022

This is working for now, thank you for the help.

1 vote
Darja Majninger (K15t) April 11, 2022

Hi @RJax

Page Properties Report macro is probably a good solution, as already suggested here. But concerning your use case, you might want to try out our new app Orderly Databases.

There you can create a database for your articles and choose from various field types like text, related Confluence pages or date (e.g. for review dates).

Then, by using the Orderly Database macro, you can create table with an overview on any page you like. You can filter this table by specific values of every entry, like the review date for example. This way you can choose to display all entries, in your case articles, reviewed more than one year ago.

Cheers,
Darja

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events