Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report in Confluence

Maria Martinho December 27, 2018

Hi!

I created in my space on Confluence, different pages, some of those have a table with actions to implement.

Is possible to create a report in a new page where those actions appears consolidated and updated automatically according the update done in the individual page?

Thank you.

Maria

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Forssell December 30, 2018

Hello Maria,

One way could be with Page Properties macro.

1. Add 'Page Properties' macro to the page where you want to collect the table info. I made a new page 'testpage' where I inserted 'Page Properties'-macro like this:
image.png

2. Give the page a label for example I used 'test'

3. Create a new page for the report page and add 'Page Properties Report'-macro to the page
image.png

4. When you save that page the end result should be something like this:
image.png

Now if some one edits the table in the first page 'testpage' for example edit to the status, 'testreport' page will automatically update to show the updated status.

Also if you have multiple pages in the space with label 'test' they will also show up in the report.

-Patrick

Maria Martinho January 6, 2019

Hi Patrick

Happy New Year to you.

I follow the steps you mentioned but on the report page only shows the first row of the test page table. I would like to see the status of all the rows of the table. Is it possible?

Thank you.

Maria

Patrick Forssell January 7, 2019

Hello,

Happy New Year.

Unfortunately it only pulls the first row as it was meant to be used Decisions and Product requirements blueprint.

Have you taken a look at Task Report macro if that would be more what you were looking for? Just add tasks to a page and use report macro to report them

-Patrick

Like Maria Martinho likes this
Maria Martinho January 9, 2019

Hi Patrick

I tried the last suggestion you gave and it could be a good solution for the report I need to create. Although I would like to see in the report, all the columns of my table and not only the column of the task. I send, in attach, an example of the table I would like to see in the report. Could you help me with this? Thank you.

confluence.png

Maria Martinho January 11, 2019

Hi 

Could you please help me with the problem mentioned in my previous email?

Thank you

Maria Martinho

Patrick Forssell January 14, 2019

Hello,

It seems that those I listed above are only options for using reporting for this. (At least I'm out of ideas)

If you just want the table to be shown on another page you could have table inside of excerpt macro and display it in another page with excerpt-include, but this doesn't combine tables it's just a copy of the table in another page.

You might need to find a plugin to accomplish what you need to do.

-Patrick

Like Maria Martinho likes this
Maria Martinho January 14, 2019

No problem Patrick. Thank you for trying to help.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2018

Hi,

By using Reporting plugin you can achieve the above.

Here is a simple example on what you are trying to achieve:

In case you have further questions, you can rise a ticket using in our support portal.

Regards,

Sayed

Maria Martinho January 6, 2019

Hi Sayed

Happy New Year.

Thank you for your feedback, although it seems to be needed more technical knowledge that I currently have, to implement the solution you suggest.

Maria

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events