Hello, need to do a quick and dirty search and replace. It's just a one-time thing, but it's for hundreds of pages so I thought the best way to handle it is to run an Update query directly on the BodyContent table in SQL.
I did that successfully, and now the pages are showing the "newString" and not the "oldString".
However, when I go to Edit the page, "oldString" is showing up in the Editor.
Is this data stored somewhere else in the database?
Hello, thanks for the response.
I did neither, I did restart the services on the server and when that didn't work rebooted the server in case there was an additional service caching data.
What kind of re-indexing is suggested, the Search Indexes? or some stored procedure on SQL?
Oh, well, that could explain it - the cached data persisted because Confluence was running. A restart after hacking with SQL isn't good enough, it could have made its way into disk caches and then back into the database.
You should never, run SQL on a running Atlassian application, you can lose everything.
In this case though, it should be ok and fixable without resorting to backup. Stop Confluence and re-run the SQL. Restart it, then re-index
The re-indexing is the search index, yes, it needs to know you've updated the content outside Confluence.
Wherever you are in your team’s journey , our goal is to support your big ambitions. We’re a cloud-first company with the mission of unleashing the potential of every team, and to address the range ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events