Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating epic names and creating multiple epics

Sundar November 9, 2020

Hi All,

I am new to confluence. I have below issue.

I have recently started using confluence and till then I had all my stories maintained in excel in my new project.
Now I am trying to create requirement pages on confluence and have no clue on solving this issue.

Sno             Epic Name                     Story Name

1.                 Epic One                         Story one

2.                 Epic One                         Story two

3.                 Epic Two                         Story Three

Question#1.

How Can I use the same excel format to maintain my requirements in confluence? I have seen few videos on creating multiple stories in one go using JIRA Issue/filter but when tried in this table, it is creating different epic in JIRA for Sno 2 also (Basically creating two Epics for same epic).

Or should I create a page for each epic separately?

Question#2.

My team use this format as a report. Is it possible to get a report across pages if I have to create a page for each epic separately?

Question#3.

I also observed that when I added a link from confluence to JIRA, if I update some text in confluence it is not reflecting in JIRA.

Lets say, Story one is added in the Story summary and created a JIRA issue from confluence. Now, editing Story one to 'Story 1' in confluence is not reflected in back in JIRA. Is it how it works?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Sundar ,

As usual, it is better to use Page Properties/Page Properties Report macro to manage requirements in Confluence. This macro is set by default in the Product Requirements template (but you can always customize the template to suit your needs).

As a result, you get a combined summary report related to all your projects. With the help of different apps (for example, Table Filter and Charts for Confluence) you'll be able to filter your report, create pivots and graphs. So, you won't need Excel anymore and will be able to track everything in Confluence.

What concerns the Jira Issues macro, we prefer to update issues in Jira (there are more functions there and its more of a habit) and use the macro mostly to create Jira dashboards right in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events