• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Repeating epic names and creating multiple epics Edited

Sundar I'm New Here Nov 09, 2020

Hi All,

I am new to confluence. I have below issue.

I have recently started using confluence and till then I had all my stories maintained in excel in my new project.
Now I am trying to create requirement pages on confluence and have no clue on solving this issue.

Sno             Epic Name                     Story Name

1.                 Epic One                         Story one

2.                 Epic One                         Story two

3.                 Epic Two                         Story Three

Question#1.

How Can I use the same excel format to maintain my requirements in confluence? I have seen few videos on creating multiple stories in one go using JIRA Issue/filter but when tried in this table, it is creating different epic in JIRA for Sno 2 also (Basically creating two Epics for same epic).

Or should I create a page for each epic separately?

Question#2.

My team use this format as a report. Is it possible to get a report across pages if I have to create a page for each epic separately?

Question#3.

I also observed that when I added a link from confluence to JIRA, if I update some text in confluence it is not reflecting in JIRA.

Lets say, Story one is added in the Story summary and created a JIRA issue from confluence. Now, editing Story one to 'Story 1' in confluence is not reflected in back in JIRA. Is it how it works?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 answer

Hi @Sundar ,

As usual, it is better to use Page Properties/Page Properties Report macro to manage requirements in Confluence. This macro is set by default in the Product Requirements template (but you can always customize the template to suit your needs).

As a result, you get a combined summary report related to all your projects. With the help of different apps (for example, Table Filter and Charts for Confluence) you'll be able to filter your report, create pivots and graphs. So, you won't need Excel anymore and will be able to track everything in Confluence.

What concerns the Jira Issues macro, we prefer to update issues in Jira (there are more functions there and its more of a habit) and use the macro mostly to create Jira dashboards right in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

78 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you