Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Errors "Establishing SSL connection", cannot login

jimmo42 March 4, 2021

When I tryi to login to Confluence 7.3.5 it timeouts with an error message "Database: Database connection failed". The catalina.out files is being flooded with messages like this:

WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.

I have looked through the community forums and literally every page references pages that I do not have. I have grep throug all of the files under confluence-home for various combinations of the lines that I am supposed to edit, but have found nothing fitting.

I realize this is not the latest version of Confluence, but I would prefer to solve the issue before updating in case updating makes the problem worse.

I am running:
Fedora release 31 (Thirty One)
mysql-community-server-8.0.22-10.fc31.x86_64

Any info is greatly appreaciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021

@jimmo42 

Did you check that the db credentials used in the config are valid (are you able to login to the db server by using these credentials) and that access to the server that host your db is possible and not blocked by firewall etc?

Cheers

Kurt

jimmo42 March 4, 2021

Thanks for the quick reponse. Confluence hat been running fine until the root Filesystem ran out of space. I deleted a bunch of logs, restarted Confluence and MySQL, as well as rebooted the server. I haven't changed anything so it should be the same. To be honest, I am no longer sure where to look for the DB-configuration information.

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021

@jimmo42 

Is the mysql server located on the same instance as confluence (if yes, did you check the mysql logs after the root filesystem was full)?

The password can be found within  CONFLUENCE_HOME/confluence.cfg.xml , see also

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/where-does-confluence-store-the-database-password-211060566.html

Cheers

Kurt

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events