Removing errant data on Confluence page

Michael E Bowman October 26, 2014

I am somewhat new to using Confluence.

I am in the process of uploading some existing Word documents that have text on them. When the Word documents  are uploaded, Confluence seems to have its own scheme for how the text should be formated. (i.e.–1....2...a...b and so on in a more or less outline-like  format).

I can remove most of those by placing cursor next to each character and deleting, but there are always some that are extremely difficult to remove. There always seems to be one remaining character that I can't seem to remove.

Is there another way that errant text can be removed off of a Confluence page?

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

The Confluence Source Editor will allow you to get rid of any unwanted stuff. Ultimately when migrating from Word to Confluence I always tell my editors not to use the import function but rather to copy and paste from Word into a plain text editor such as notepad to remove any formatting and then copy and paste from notepad into Confluence and reformat the document. This gets you the cleanest result.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events