Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing 'Uncategorized spaces' heading in home page ( there's no space's there? )

Volta Faaesea November 7, 2018

How to remove 'Uncategorized spaces' heading in home page ( there's no space's there? )

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raj Sehmi November 12, 2018

Hi guys,

Due to a technical limitation, we do not have an out-of-the-box way to hide the Uncategorized spaces unless you make the macro ”not closed” in the setting, then the Uncategorized will not show up.

spacesmacro.png

Let us know if this works for you @Volta Faaesea.

/ Raj Sehmi (RefinedWiki)

Volta Faaesea November 12, 2018

Thanks that worked! Appreciate your's & Patricks help...

Raj Sehmi November 12, 2018

You're very welcome! Feel free to reach out to our support if/when you have any more questions regarding RefinedTheme: support@refinedwiki.com. 

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

Hi @Volta Faaesea

Can you please attach a screenshot of the place you are talking about where there's an uncategorized spaces heading?  I'm failing to find it on my instance. 

Thank you.

Volta Faaesea November 8, 2018

uncategorized.jpg

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2018

What plugin are you using for theming?

Are you using refined themes?

Its called 'Refined theme for confluence'...

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

You need to be an admin to do it, but you can move all the uncategorized spaces to categories.

https://docs.refinedwiki.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=42074684#Organizespaces&categories-Organizespacesandcategorieswithdraganddrop

It's possible you're not an admin and some of the spaces in the "uncategorized" category are hidden from you.

Thanks, theres no spaces in there, anyway to see hidden spaces. I'm definitely an admin...

Space.jpg

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

I can't find anything else on this.

Tagging in the refined themes team

@Raj Sehmi @Dennis Andersen @Refined Admin @Emil Sjödin _Refined_

Not sure which one of you guys to get in touch with so I tagged a few!  Sorry for the spam.

Hi guys will the below setting help? its not enabled at the moment:

category permissions.jpg

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2018

On our instance we have that box ticked, then in the site builder tab we still have some uncategorized spaces but we can't see that category when viewing space categories.

So I'd give it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events