Removing HipChat integration from Confluence

Kathrine Vestues September 1, 2015

I've added a HipChat cloud integration in Confluence. I now want to remove this integration, but get the following error Message when trying to do so: Error encountered removing your hipchat link: Something went wrong removing the integration in HipChat. We probably had trouble connecting to the hipchat server. You may need to remove the integration from HipChats admin page. The link has been removed from {0}."

What is the problem?

4 answers

2 votes
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2015

So both Rodrigo and Guilherme are correct in their statements, let me put up your scenario and then give you my two cents on what is happening smile.

When you install a fresh Confluence you will have the Hip Chat integration Plugin installed by default:

Removing HipChat integration from Confluence - Atlassian Answers - Google Chrome.jpg

information Note that the plugin version is 6.23.4

Those are system plugins and you are unable to remove or uninstall those trough the UI. However if you go to the marketplace page of HipChat for Confluence and download the latest version of the plugin those 4 plugins will be displayed as User installed add ons instead of system add ons:

Sem título - Paint.jpg

information I'm not showing in above image but those are in version 6.29.2

When those plugins are listed in there you will be able to remove/uninstall the add ons without any restrictions, however what is interesting (and confusing at the same time) the previous versions of the plugin (the one that came built in) will not display in the system add ons right away since the confluence cache still have the data of the plugin you previously installed.

If you are able to uninstall the add on there is a good chance there is some information on Confluence cache that is causing this conflict you are facing, let's try below strategy and see if it works:

1. Uninstall the 4 integration add ons.
  2. Shutdown Confluence.
  3. Run the below query against your Confluence database:

select * from PLUGINDATA
    where PLUGINKEY like '%hipchat%';
  4. If the above return 0 rows, then proceed, else delete the 4 entries listed so we can remove any previous references of the plugin.
    warning In case you see more than zero entries and less than 4 entries take a database backup before doing this.

5. Clear Confluence Plugin Cache
  6. Start Confluence and try the integration again.

Doing that will make confluence to rebuild the plugins cache and, if my theory is right, you should be able to do that integration without problems.

If it fails then it would be a good idea to raise a support case at https://support.atlassian.com so one of the Atlassian engineers can take a closer look into your logs.
Hope it helps.
Thanks and Regards,
Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!
1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2015

Hi Kathrine,

I believe that you cannot remove HipChat from confluence, however you can disable the plugin modules in Manage add ons as stated previously by Guilherme.

Disabling the modules will also remove the mentions to the HipChat in the UI. 

Cheers,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2015

Hello Kathrine.
Maybe you have some pages that are still integrated with HipChat. You could try remove them manually through the Space Tools page. If you are still having problems, you could open a ticket with the support team.
Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure, but you could also try to remove the HipChat plugin in the Manage Add-ons page. Maybe it will remove the integration links as well.

Cheers,

0 votes
Kathrine Vestues September 15, 2015

Hi,

I tried both disabling and uninstalling the HipChat add ons. When reinstalling the ad ons the error persisted. Does this mean I will never be able to create a new integration with HipChat from this Confluence installation?

-Kathrine

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events