Negel Walker May 18, 2022

Chrome browser

How do I remove checkbox from my document page

2 answers

0 votes
Wallace.McGee June 7, 2023

This was a curly one.. not clear at all but do this:

Press Enter to end your Action item.

This creates a new blank Action Item (you don't want).

Make sure your cursor is at the point where you would type text for the new Action item.

Press the Backspace key.

These deletes the checkbox and returns you to normal text.

Having a hover over the checkbox with a delete icon like everything else would be super useful here.

Or having enter twice stop adding checkboxes as with bullets would also be useful.

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

@Negel Walker Welcome to Confluence. 

The check box ✅ is part of the action item macro. You can remove it by entering edit mode through selecting the pencil icon on the top right of the page and editing out the macro. 

I hope this is what you were looking for. 

Negel Walker May 19, 2022

I entered edit mode and tried deselecting the The check box ✅ but all it did was create additional The check box ✅'s.  So I guess I did not have the required rights to deselect it or there is an issue that I uncovered but I would think if I could turn it on, I should be able to turn it off.  Is that not the case?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

The Action Item macro creates a check box, and then allows you to add text in front of the check box related to the action item. If you want to remove the check box, you will need to copy the text you want to keep so it can be pasted back onto the page and then delete the entire existing line of text and check box. 

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

Negel Walker May 19, 2022

Hi Andy,

the check box ✅was added in error.  I did not type any text in front of it.  I immediately tried to delete check box ✅ but was unable to delete it.  I then went to the top of the page where all the controls are and tried to deselect check box ✅; that just added another check box ✅. Nevertheless, I was unable to delete it and ended up with 3 check box ✅; no text.

Jesse Craciun May 24, 2022

Hi, just want to add to this and confirm the issue @Negel Walker is experiencing:

Today, due to a template that someone made, I created a large hierarchical list that was using the Action Item macro, as opposed to bullets or numbers.

Now my list is very large and I realize that bullet points would make more sense.

What I would like to be able to do is:

Highlight all text, click the Action Item icon, and that should remove all Action Item boxes while maintaining the hierarchy/indentation of my large list. That way, I could highlight the list again, click the bullet point icon, and quickly convert the entire list to bullet points.

But it seems that cannot be done. As Negel pointed out, clicking the Action Item icon simply creates another Action Item.

This is going to make it very confusing/cumbersome to convert my list to bullet points.

@Andy Gladstone 

Andrew Kuban July 5, 2023

So the Action item option is still wonky. But I did figure out you can backspace it out and switch to anotehr style so it's sort of working. You should be able to Click once to Enable, Click again to Disable

Negel Walker July 5, 2023

Thanks @Andrew Kuban .  I confirmed that backspacing it out will allow to switch to another style.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events