Remove the Atlassian logo and links in footer?

Carolyn Groessl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2019

Hello!

I followed directions in the KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-reduce-the-confluence-footer-height-795936067.html; the HTML minimized the height of the footer, but didn't remove the logo or links. Any suggestions for removing everything except the "Powered by Atlassian..."?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Hi @Carolyn Groessl ,

You can add #footer-logo { display: none; } in the customization provided in the article you mentioned. 

Or try adding custom HTML at the end of your page with - 

<script>
jQuery('#<Logo div id>').hide();
</script>

Look for logo div id and add it to jQuery above.

Please note that you cannot remove "Powered by Atlassian" according to your license agreement. I am assuming you know that already! :)

Hope one of them works for you!

Thanks

Sireesha

Roger Lynn May 7, 2019

This hiding of the logo with #footer-logo stopped working when we upgraded from Confluence 6.4.0 to 6.13.4. There is more Custom HTML required. Add the following before the final {/style}:

#footer .footer-body {

background-image: none;

}

Carolyn Groessl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 8, 2019

Thank you! The additional snippet of code worked to remove the Atlassian logo. :)

0 votes
jtcorwi March 11, 2020

This was exactly what I needed as well. We had 2 copies of the Atlassian logo at the bottom of the page, got rid of them both. If the license agreement requires you keep the Powered by Atlassian, there is no reason to have 2 more references to Atlassian.

My instance is on an intranet so the links (Atlassian Confluence/Report a bug/Atlassian News) don't work and serve no purpose. Not being able to easily reconfigure these makes it look like things are broken. The version is available from about and our admins know what the version is, so requiring that at the bottom of the page provides no value either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events