Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove tab names from pdf output?

Bob Jordan March 6, 2019

Hi,

I haven't been able to find any topic related to this -- forgive me if it exists somewhere.

I'm using the macro localtabs to display content on different tabs in a page (https://wiki.bitvoodoo.ch/display/BVNAVITABS/Localtab+Macro).

When I use the pdf export function, I can block sections of text within the tabs from being printed, but the names of the tabs all remain in a line at the top.

Is there any something in the PDF export Stylesheet that I could add to prevent the tab names from being displayed?

2 answers

1 vote
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2019

Hi @Bob Jordan

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you're trying to achieve? Do you want to hide any content from within the Navitabs macro in your exported file?

With our Scroll PDF Exporter you could wrap the macro in a scroll-ignore macro, which would exclude it from the export completely.

Would this help?

Best,
Nils

Bob Jordan March 11, 2019

Hi Nils,

I've tried scroll, but unfortunately it causes nothing to be printed to the page at all. 

The use case is having tabs, but only allowing a portion of the text within a single one of those tabs to be exported.

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

Hi Bob,

have you tried wrapping this specific content within the tab into the Scroll Ignore macro?

E.g. if you do it like in the following screenshot, the PDF will only contain "this is content for tab one" and "this is another tab one sentence" ("This is ignored" will not be exported).

Maybe this works for you.

Cheers,

Nils

Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 11.11.52.png

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2019

Hih Bob

Nick from bitvoodoo here.

Can you tell me if it is Confluence Cloud or Server you are working on? We offer out app for both but there are some differences.

As of now (for both) there are no feature to change PDF export output.

Have you tried hiding the navitabs macro completely with CSS? What is your goal generally when exporting a page to PDF?

Cheers
Nick

Bob Jordan March 11, 2019

Hi Niklas,

I'm on Cloud. 

The goal in general is to have tabs displayed on the page to organize it, but to only allow printing of a small subsection of the text within one of the tabs.

>>Have you tried hiding the navitabs macro completely with CSS? 

Could you elaborate on how this might be done? I wasn't able to figure out the CSS to only hide Navitabs. Could this be configured to allow them to display when viewed on the website but not seen when exported to pdf?

Cameron Pascoe November 4, 2020

Hi Bob,

Just wondering if you were able to solve this issue or got an answer from Nick?  No details here and I'm trying to solve the same issue.

Cameron 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events