Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remove "Space Shortcuts"

How does one remove the "Space Shortcuts" entry on the left navigation/sidebar of a Confluence Space? 

We've checked Space Settings > Overview > Sidebar Configuration but it is not available as an option there as we expected it to be. 

4 answers

Hi Matt, 

You may need to have the Global Permission for "Confluence Administrator"  or the Space permission for "Admin Space" enabled for your user or group in order to modify the space shortcuts. 

Once enabled, the Space Shortcuts section of the left-nav has a pencil icon when you hover over it; click that and then the trash can icon on the shortcut you want to delete.

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Thanks for your response, Scott. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear, but we are not looking to remove a single shortcut. Rather, we are looking to remove the entire section. 

Ahhh...thanks for the clarification.

In short, you can't remove it. Three is an open suggestion to add the ability, though. You can review it and add your vote here: CONFCLOUD-66388.

-Scott

Like Natalie White likes this

Ah... that's disappointing. It seems odd that Atlassian would feel as though they could decide that everyone under all circumstances would want this added to their documentation. 

I'll check out the suggestion, but I won't hold out much in the way of hope for a change on this. We've lost so much faith in these products, and Atlassian generally in the last year or so.

Like # people like this

Here we are more than a year later and that PITA still exists. Either give us the ability to remove it, or at a minimum to move it down below the Pages section.

Like Jennifer Smith likes this

Space Tools | Configure Sidebar | Hide/Show

By this I assume you mean:

Space Settings > Sidebar Configuration

And there is no "hide/show" option for Space Shortcuts on that view.

I am unable to find a "Space tools" button, as you have shown in your image. Where is this button? 

Bottom of left navigation bar where the Shortcuts are shown.

We do not have that option. I am the site admin.

screenshot-confluence.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Miss the Confluence demos at Team 21? Watch them here!

Phew, Atlassian Team 2021 blew by. With dozens of demos and a handful of keynotes, you may have missed some of the awesome Confluence Cloud sessions. Don't' worry, you can watch them all here or on Y...

375 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you