Remove "Space Shortcuts"

Matt Richards May 10, 2019

How does one remove the "Space Shortcuts" entry on the left navigation/sidebar of a Confluence Space? 

We've checked Space Settings > Overview > Sidebar Configuration but it is not available as an option there as we expected it to be. 

4 answers

0 votes
Douglas J May 26, 2021

Bottom of left navigation bar where the Shortcuts are shown.

Matt Richards May 26, 2021

We do not have that option. I am the site admin.

screenshot-confluence.png

0 votes
Douglas J May 25, 2021

2021-05-25 18_17_27.png2021-05-25 18_17_09.png

Matt Richards May 26, 2021

I am unable to find a "Space tools" button, as you have shown in your image. Where is this button? 

0 votes
Douglas J May 25, 2021

Space Tools | Configure Sidebar | Hide/Show

Matt Richards May 25, 2021

By this I assume you mean:

Space Settings > Sidebar Configuration

And there is no "hide/show" option for Space Shortcuts on that view.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

Hi Matt, 

You may need to have the Global Permission for "Confluence Administrator"  or the Space permission for "Admin Space" enabled for your user or group in order to modify the space shortcuts. 

Once enabled, the Space Shortcuts section of the left-nav has a pencil icon when you hover over it; click that and then the trash can icon on the shortcut you want to delete.

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Thanks for your response, Scott. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear, but we are not looking to remove a single shortcut. Rather, we are looking to remove the entire section. 

Like Eduardo Ocejo likes this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

Ahhh...thanks for the clarification.

In short, you can't remove it. Three is an open suggestion to add the ability, though. You can review it and add your vote here: CONFCLOUD-66388.

-Scott

Like # people like this

Ah... that's disappointing. It seems odd that Atlassian would feel as though they could decide that everyone under all circumstances would want this added to their documentation. 

I'll check out the suggestion, but I won't hold out much in the way of hope for a change on this. We've lost so much faith in these products, and Atlassian generally in the last year or so.

Like # people like this
paulsnedden August 19, 2020

Here we are more than a year later and that PITA still exists. Either give us the ability to remove it, or at a minimum to move it down below the Pages section.

Like # people like this
Edd Tillen September 10, 2022

Make that 3 years later and still nothing

Like # people like this
Freddy Lillevik January 24, 2023

This is just horrible. How hard can it be to make the same on/off switches like we have for Analytics/Blog etc? 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events