Remove "Contents" Columnt

Aaron Bianucci March 26, 2015

By Default when I create a blank page on any of my sites it creates a "Contents" column on the left hand side that pretty much shows the tree view for child pages.

I want to remove that from the template in one of my spaces as I don't want to see it constantly on this space.

How can I do that?2015-03-26_16-07-42.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Maggie Modersohn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

Hi Aaron,

Looks like you're using Brikit Theme Press. The content column is being inserted there by a Theme Press layout.

To change the layout only for your space, you may want to copy the current layout, remove the column and apply the new layout to your Space. Here's how I would do that:

Open the Theme Press Designer (press the . key to do that) and navigate to the 'Page' tab. Under 'Layout Source', you will see which layout your page is using. Click on the name of the layout to open the layout page. Once you're on the layout page, which starts with .brikit.layout., go to the Confluence toolbar and click on 'Tools' and 'Copy Page'. This will create a copy of the current layout.  

Now re-name the title of the page from 'Copy of .brikit.layout.name' to '.brikit.layout.NewName' - this is important as only pages starting with .brikit.layout will be recognized as layouts. 

To remove the column, open the designer and navigate to the Layout tab. Locate the column in question and remove it. 

Finally, navigate back to the Space where you want to apply this layout. Open the designer, go to the 'Architect' tab and 'Layouts' and select 'Use Space Layouts'. 

I hope this is helpful. If you need more information, or would like to screen share with someone, contact us at solutions@brikit.com. 

Thanks, 

Maggie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events