Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove profile picture from blog title

Erik Spigle August 7, 2014

We use confluence as our company Intranet and we have one designated space that serves as the homepage when people first go to it. One of the things we have there is company news which is serviced by blog posts in that space. One of our people in a department is responsible for post new company news items. We use the Blog Posts macro to include them on our Intranet main homepage.

I would like to know / find out if there is a good way to just have the news items have the title w/o the profile picture of the person posting the news. It's always the same person that handles the news posting and it honestly just detracts from what is posted. It doesn't need to be there. I've poked around a bit for possible solutions and have found some hacks people have done which also seemed to have other bad side effects. I'd like to just have something that removes only that user profile picture from beside the title of new blog posts and nothing else.

This is for Confluence 5.5.3

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2014

There is no option to disable this functionality, instead we need to modify how the website is drawn and styled on your screen. You can add this to the stylesheet in Look and Feel under General Administration OR you can do this on a Space basis by adding it to the style sheet in the Space Administration under Look and Feel.

Finally if you want just one page to have the modification, you can just add the css to an HTML macro on that page.

(.logoBlock is JUST the blog poster logo, so we can set it's display to NONE to ignore the element. .blog-post-listing had a large section padded out of the way of the logo, since that logo is gone we can reclaim the space by reducing the padding-left value)

.logoBlock {
	display: none;
}
.blog-post-listing {
	padding-left: 20px;
}

Can you confirm this is the look you are going after?

From this:

To this:

Erik Spigle August 10, 2014

Bingo--that's exactly what I was needing. I just wanted to lose the profile picture of the person posting, then remove that indent. It worked when I added it to the space we post our news to, which is really the only place I needed to take care of this.

Thanks for the help.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

Totally Erik, I've been styling confluence for quite some time now.

Deleted user June 19, 2019

Hi, @Steven Behnke 

Does this still work for Confluence Server 6 (6.15.4 to be exact)?
I tried adding the above code to the stylesheet of a Blog Space, and It has no apparent effect (same result when added to the global stylesheet).

We have the same situation that Erik described (and also some news or messages posted on behalf of e.g. the CEO, and it seems a bit off then with the avatar of another user.)

0 votes
Alexandra Huang November 15, 2017

@Erik Spigle sorry for reviving an an old thread but I too want to remove the thumbnail from showing up in my blogs/pages... But I can't find how to customize my specific space... am I missing something? Under Current Theme is says I can change the colors and layouts manually but I can't see where to even do that... is this something perhaps my admins have restricted?

I'm using Confluence 1000.0.0-34f553e99be

Capture.PNG

Peter Vojtech June 11, 2018

Hey Alexandra and any others looking for this.

It's the Global Stylesheet which is accessed through confluence administration.

Cog (top right) > General Configuration > Look and Feel category (in left side menu) > Stylesheet

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2018

Per-space stylesheets, I believe, are limited to Confluence Administrators only.

It's also possible that this isn't possible at all in Confluence Cloud. I should note, my solution was intended for the on-premise version of the product.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events