Remove images from attachments list

Hello,

Trialling Confluence for the business currently, which would be used for technical documentation. Some pages will have attachments e.g. scripts, that I would like to view using the attachments macro. However, the macro also shows all of the pictures embedded in the page too.

Is there a way to exclude pictures from the attachments macro? I have tried to use the regex filter ^.*png, but this still displays PNG images. Is there a regex expression that will achieve what I want?

Thank you for your help

Stuart

2 answers

try adding labels to the attachments via the Ellipsis (three dot icons)>Attachments

then set the type of labels in the Attachments macro

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

A number of people will be updating the Wiki with information and potentially uploading files, so this solution isn't really suitable for our situation.

Thanks again

Stuart

Hi, sorry for necroing this thread, but you may try

^((?!\.png).)*$

as seen at https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/info/pages/44695583/How+to+use+regular+expressions

If you want to hide all files that end with png (say maybe someone accidentally removes the dot before the file extension when renaming), then

^((?!png$).)*$

would be the expression.

Also the file extension might be in caps (PNG) but regex is usually case sensitive (on Confluence it is) so the final solution is

(?i)^((?!png$).)*$

where (?i) in front of expressions will make sure it searches for upper and lowercase variants too.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,094 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you