It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remove/fix automatic horizontal scrollbar on tables

Hi, I have a problem with most of the tables in the new centred page layout. Anytime the page is viewed on any resolution lower than 1920x1080 resolution some tables suddenly have a horizontal scrollbar, even when the table is not wide enough that it should need it. Is there any way to disable the scrollbar or fix this issue?

Thanks in advance. 

2 answers

Hello there, @rasmus_brattstrom !

As I understand, your table is displayed with scrollbars even when you do not need them. Having incoherent behavior or visual can be frustrating.

I tried to replicate this in a 1280x720 screen but the behavior you described, is not present. Here is what I see:

TableScrollbar.jpg

Would it be possible for you to send us some screenshots of what you actually see when tables are viewed? Just be sure to not disclose any kind of sensitive information within those screenshots. Community is an open space and anyone can see what is posted here!

Also, could you describe how was the process of creating the page and tables that show the problem? This can help us to try and replicate the issue locally.

Looking forward to your reply, Rasmus.

Hi, I'm having the same problem. When I publish the page, horizontal scroll bars appear on all tables, but while editing I dont see them:

Edit view.jpgpublished view.jpg

Any ideas on how can I solve this issue?

I just want to add that if the side bar is collapsed the horizontal scroll bars disappear.

Hi, I have the same problem:

Same problem here.
I have a page with three tables, with two columns each. In viewing mode two of the tables show horizontal scrollbars, but in edit mode the columns are all sized the same on each table. Only the text length varies in each.

Hi Diego, Apologies for the late reply, I've attached some screenshots showing the issue. It seems it's a problem with tables placed in columns, The scrollbar is only shown on lower resolutions. On my 1920x1080 screen there's no issue, regardless if I have the side menu shown or not, but on smaller resolutions, it seems that the tables have the horizontal scroll bar any time the sidebar is on as well, even if there's still plenty of space on the sides and no need for the column to be resized. Same happens if I unmaximize the browser window to a smaller size on the 1920x1080 screen. There's no zoom applied in either chrome or via windows. 

xUHwMjXwtH.png3LLy1QdQtZ.png

Thanks for looking into this.

Same issue for me. If I edit the page on larger screen and save it, then on smaller screens the scrollbar is always present.  This happens for normal tables and also for tables inside the properties macro. It is really frustrating as page is full of scrollbars. I'm using the new editor and 2 column layout.

image 1.png

I'm having exactly the same problem in Confluence Cloud.
This looks like another dead end feed with no answer. There are many of these asking the same question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

157 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you