Remove deleted page from favourites

When I checked my "Favourites" list today I found that several pages from the list were deleted. They still show up in my favourites though and clicking the link brings up the "Page deleted" informational messagen.

I cannot remove these pages from the list of favourites because I cannot open the page to click "Remove Favourite"...

How can I get rid of these obsolete entries?

3 answers

0 vote
Suren Raj Atlassian Team Apr 16, 2015

Hey Guy,

I can suggest you to do the following:

1. Refresh Confluence cache by accessing "Cache Statistics" in Confluence administrator menu. From there, please click "Flush All" and see if the issue still persist or not?
  2. Rebuild Search index
    • Navigate to General Configuration under Confluence Administration.
    • Choose 'Content Indexing' under the heading 'Administration' in the left-hand panel.
    • Choose the 'Rebuild' button in either the 'Search Index' section.
  3. Rebuild the Content Indices from Scratch

Hope It helps.

Cheers
Suren 

Trying to find someone who is a) able to and b) willing to do that for me...

I think Suren gave the right answer, but, if you can't do that, and you aren't an admin (so you can just recover the deleted pages) you might try creating a new page with the same name in the same space, Favoriting it, then Unfavoriting it.  That might not work – I think whether or not it does  depends on whether the page ID is being used internally for this function – but it is worth a try.

I might try this as a last resort (I am not talking about only one page unfortunately...). Thanks for the tip.

0 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Apr 16, 2015

I'm not sure which version of Confluence you are using, but on the favorites page you should see a grey star to the right of each favorited page.  You can also click on this star to remove favorites ( it should turn to a white star, and when you refresh the page it should be gone).  This also works for deleted pages (I have tried it myself).

Hmm - that would be the easiest (and somewhat intuitive) approach. Unfortunately it does not work for me: "An error occurred toggling favourite. Status: error ThrownError:Not Found"

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

852 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you