Remove a "discovered" product

Jeanne Howe June 1, 2021

We had Confluence show up under "Discovered" products. The user that created the product has no idea how they did it, and therefor has no idea how to remove it. How do we remove this product?

discovered.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Hello @Jeanne Howe,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Discovered products is a new feature where administrators can view cloud sites that their managed users have an account. 

Products appear in this list when:

• Your managed account signs up for Confluence or a Jira product.
  • Your managed account signed up for Confluence or a Jira product before you verified your domain and claimed their account.

I found the Confluence site Vidhya created and it’s already deactivated and soon it will be deleted. When it happens, it will no longer show on the list.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Jeanne Howe June 3, 2021

Angélica,

Thank you for the information. Can I suggest that the Discovered Products page include a Status of the product. This will inform the Admins as to the state of the product and whether or not additional action needs to be taken.

Jeanne

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2021

Hello Jeanne,

Thank you for the suggestion. I created a feature request ticket for that:

Also, while searching for the features, I found a bug that affects the Discovered products that may affect your site too. The current status of the site is Deactivated, but it might not be removed from the list after is Deleted due to the bug:

Like Daniel Holmes likes this
Jeanne Howe June 4, 2021

Thank you Angélica,

I have voted for both issues.

Jeanne

Like Angélica Luz likes this
lisa_jackson March 27, 2023

Hi @Angélica Luz 

How can I delete discovered products that were created by users who have now left the company?

Like Tom Atkinson likes this
Daniel Holmes July 14, 2023

What I have had to do is find that user in my list of managed users and update their email to one I have access to and then I can recover the password on that account via that email (the new login email ID of that cloud account user) and I have the needed permissions.   If you export discovered products as CSV it shows the user that created it.  99% of the time they would still have org admin permissions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events