Remove a link from a text

Rudi Pettazzi June 23, 2020

Hi, 

seems quite dummy to need support for this but I searched everywhere and I cannot find a way to remove a link from a document. 

Online help says to select the link and the press the "unlink" button from the toolbar but the button just does not exist. 

3 answers

2 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2020

Hey Rudi,

When you click on the URL, three options "Go to link". "Edit". and "Unlink" will pop above the URL. From there you can click on "Unlink" to remove link from text.

Screenshot_7.png

Best,
Sachin.

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2020

@Sachin 

This is for the server version.
It looks different in the cloud version with a new editor.

The function is similar.

Link_newe.png

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2020

Yes, you are right! The above post I made was for server version. I didn’t realize it was different on cloud. I am sorry

Rudi Pettazzi June 24, 2020

Hi, none of the above works. It works if the link is https://something but if you type an ip address you are screwed. Clicking on it in the editor does nothing.

The only solution that I found is to cancel the link and write it again hoping it does not transform it into a link. It's a poor man solution but the editor is really buggy and I could not find any other way around it.

At least I learned how to remove the link when it is not an ip address :-)

Clicking on it to see the toolbar is the most counter intuitive thing I have ever seen. Clicking on a link well ... normally navigates to the link, so I would have never thought about that ...

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2020

I am glad you found a workaround Rudi, I understand it can be annoying to figure out such a small issue. Unfortunately I can't test it on my server version. I would suggest you to contact atlassian directly at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and they will look into this problem properly.

0 votes
Stephanie Archer July 26, 2022

Like everyone else this was driving me crazy - but I found a way to get the URL to display! Once you have pasted in and it converts into a hyperlink and you lose the URL select 'Edit Link' copy the URL and re paste it where the converted hyperlink is. (Not back in the edit URL field). Its fiddly but it has been working for me.

Stephanie Archer July 26, 2022

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2020

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events