Remove SiteSpaces from confluence Dashboard

Vishal Rekala August 29, 2013

How do i remove "SiteSpaces" section from Confluence Dashboard?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

To remove it, you'll need to uninstall the plugin but if you needed the functionality, you can try to hide it from the dashboard using a CSS/JS which can be configured under Confluence Admin > Stylesheets

Vishal Rekala September 2, 2013

Hanis - I don't see any stylesheets under "Confluence Admin/Stylesheets"

Do i need to write a new CSS?

Thanks!!!

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Yes, you'll need to write a new CSS/JS that hides it. I can't specifically tell you how to do this as I do not have that plugin installed and tested but you can refer to this document as guidelines: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Hide+Elements+in+Confluence+Using+CSS+or+JavaScript

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2013

Hi Vishal

Have you tried to customize the confluence/decorators/includes/space-navigation.vm?

Try to comment or change the content of this file so the spaces do no appear on the dashboard anymore.

Hope it helps!

Kind Regards

Vishal Rekala September 2, 2013

Hey Bruna -

This is what i see in space-navigation.vm page. Do i need to comment entire page??

#if (!$mode.startsWith("create-")) ## don't render space links for create-page, -blogpost, -comment.

<content tag="content-navigation">

<div id="navigation" class="content-navigation view">

<ul class="ajs-menu-bar">

#menuMacros_renderAddMenu()

</ul>

</div>

</content>

<content tag="tab-navigation">

<div id="tab-navigation" class="aui-tabs horizontal-tabs">

<ul class="tabs-menu">

#foreach ($item in $webInterfaceManager.getDisplayableItems("system.space", $action.webInterfaceContext))

#if ($context == $item.key)

<li class="menu-item active-tab">

#else

<li class="menu-item">

#end

<a #if($item.link.id) id="${item.link.id}-tab"#end href="$item.link.getDisplayableUrl($req, $action.webInterfaceContext)"><strong>$item.label.getDisplayableLabel($req, $action.webInterfaceContext)</strong></a>

</li>

#end

</ul>

</div>

</content>

#end

Thanks!!!

0 votes
Vishal Rekala August 29, 2013

I am using subspace Add-on, so that is the reason I would like to get rid of "SiteSpaces" section from Confluence Dashboard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events