Remove Jira issue hyperlink in Confluence page

Jeremy_Villa January 9, 2019

I have a Confluence page that has what we call "requirement ID" numbers in it, which are the same format as Jira issue keys, e.g. REQ-10. Confluence thinks that these are Jira issue IDs, and so it creates a Jira "browse" hyperlink for them, but I don't want that to happen.

In my case, the "REQ" actually happens to also be the name of a Jira project, as is often the case in our company...maybe that's why Confluence is trying to create this link. Regardless, I don't want Confluence to create the link.

How can I avoid Confluence's automatically creating this link? I just want the bare text, "REQ-10", in the page, not a link to a (nonexistent/incorrect) Jira issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Jignesh Patel August 16, 2022

@David Hazeel  was there a solution for this? I have come up with a script in java to remove. but when I hit refresh the hyperlink comes back on the confluence page. 

0 votes
David Hazeel January 9, 2019

You need to put a '\' before the hyphen. So rather than REQ-123 put REQ\-123. That will display the text without the link.

Jeremy_Villa January 9, 2019

That was the first thing I tried, and unfortunately it just displayed literally "REQ\-123". This is within a table, if that makes any difference?

David Hazeel January 10, 2019

I'm not sure if it being in a table would make a difference.

The only other thing I can think of is to disable the application link to Jira from Confluence - although that might have an impact on other integrations you have. If you do unhook them then it should stop any automatic links entirely.

Jeremy_Villa January 10, 2019

Yeah, we do use the Jira links normally, so we don't want to disable the application link altogether.

David Hazeel January 10, 2019

Ah ok. Sorry to not be more helpful. It might be worth raising this with Atlassian directly?

Nikhil Girish September 26, 2021

Hi David and Jeremy, did you ever find a rersolution for this? I have the same issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events