Remove Inherited Restrictions

Benjamin Gill August 21, 2018

I have a space which is restricted so only specific groups can see and edit the space/pages.  We now have a new section within this space we want to open to all users but I cannot removed inherited restrictions from this section.

Is there a way to remove inherited restrictions from pages?  Or to open these pages to everyone so they can see these pages without being able to access any other part of the space?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Benjamin,

For those pages that you want people to view, have no view restrictions on the parent pages, as the child pages will adopt the same restrictions. 

Please see below for more info.

Space Permissions
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html

Page Permissions
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Victor

Benjamin Gill August 22, 2018

Thank you Victor.

The issue is the space itself is restricted to specific groups.  When a new parent page is created it automatically inherits the restrictions from the overall space.  I am trying to figure out if I can prevent a parent page from inheriting the restrictions of the space.  I don't see anywhere that allows me to do that.

I am guessing the only option is to remove the restrictions from the whole space, and add them to the sections we want to "hide" from everyone.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2018

benjamin,

Instead of restricting a page from the space level, you can do the same on the page level. Please see Page permissions. You can still restrict groups or users easier this way.

Victor

QA Team February 13, 2020

this problem still persist right? unable to remove inherited restrictions in the particular page in a space. meaning a space have 10 users , and 1 user can only view/edit 1 page but not able to view/edit other pages. 

is very tedious to do the other page permissions to restrict one by one. Meaning have to configure 19pages have to allow 9 users to have permissions, while 1 page to allow 10 users. is there any quick way to do it? 

jt.mudge March 6, 2020

We have the same issue and have not found an easy solution except a shared and private parent page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events