Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Directory Connection Failed

Kenny Terasawa October 19, 2017

JIRA and Conflence were working together but it stopped after tweaking the server setting.

Not sure how to fix.. The error message is; 

Test basic connection : Failedorg.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to xxxxxxxx:8080 [/xxxxxxx] failed: connect timed out

Test user rename is configured and tracked : Not performed

Test get user's memberships : Not performed

Test retrieve group : Not performed

Test get group members : Not performed

Test user can authenticate : Not performed

3 answers

0 votes
Mandia June 9, 2020

How to fix this issue?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2020

Mandia,

If you have that error, it means that Confluence is having trouble connecting to the remote directory, for some reason. Your server admin will be able to help with this.

If that is you, or if they're having any trouble, please raise this as a support ticket with the Confluence Support Team!

Take care,
Shannon

0 votes
Kenny Terasawa November 5, 2017

test

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Kenny,

Can you let us know exactly what changes you made and the steps you took to apply them? 

Please also share with us any messages from the error logs when you run into that error, so we can see the full details surrounding that error.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Kenny Terasawa October 20, 2017

Hi Shannon 

Thank you for your reply. we use AWS and we change the setting in IP area... I need to get more info from our server admin but I have captured the support log in zip if you can have a look at it for me. 

Please let me know how I can forward the zip file over to you?  

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2017

Hi Kenny,

We only support AWS on Data Center using Quickstart or Cloud Formation Template:

Confluence Data Center AWS Quickstart

Is this what you have used, and you haven't customized it? I suspect you might be using Server instead of Data Center without the quick start template. I can try to help you with this despite not being supported and see if we can get you working again.

I've created a support ticket which you should have received in your email. You can send the Support Zip there.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Kenny Terasawa October 23, 2017

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2017

Hi Kenny,

I wrote you in the support case I created for you, but when your instance connects to Remote Directory, it's using a 52.* IP and not the 54.* one that you mentioned.

Do you know what the IP might be? Please feel free to follow-up in the support ticket so we can keep our troubleshooting here and ultimately post the answer here.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Support Neatideas November 5, 2017

test

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events