Release Management?

Anette Welle July 26, 2016

Hello Community:

How can I make major changes on a page in Confluence "somewhere hidden for readers" until it can be released, while the current version of this page remains visible in the live space?

I tried copying the page. Problem is, that links from other pages continue to be linked to the original version of the page and not to the new copy of the page. 

Please, can someone recommend a workflow for that?

Thanks + regards,
Anette

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Barb Zivney July 26, 2016

We did this recently with our home page which went through a major redesign and had many links into it. We developed it as a separate page with restrictions, leaving the old as-is while we worked. Then when we rolled out the change, we just copied over the contents of the development page onto the existing home page. We did this with a number of underlying redesigned pages, too. New pages we just had to remove restrictions. Then delete any pages used as development only.

Anette Welle July 27, 2016

Perfect. I'll proceed following this method. Thanks a lot for sharing.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

Did you set the restrictions to the copy to be readable by you only?

Anette Welle July 26, 2016

No, I moved the copy away from the visible pages of the space. There I work on the redesign with a very small team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events