Regaining control of Confluence content

Mike A
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2023

I'm interested to hear what best practices you've implemented for Confluence to improve documentation and establish workflows. 

Can be best practices or marketplace solutions. 

• What are some best practices you've implemented to regain control of your Confluence content to avoid duplicating pages and runaway content creation?
  • How do you establish a workflow for content approval?
  • How do you define content as the source of truth?

Challenges:

• Content is getting copied to other spaces and difficult to know which is the most up to date version
  • Unclear if a page is up to date or the status of the page
  • Defining a proper workflow

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Mike A ,

A dedicated and full-fledged content lifecycle management solution for Confluence Cloud is Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It automatically identifies outdated pages and implements review and archiving workflows to keep your pages up-to-date and remove Confluence clutter.

3.gif

Its feature set includes

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports (both global and space-level,
  • notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for all your content, ownership, and status information via CSV
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 Feel free to give it a try or schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers, Adrian from B1NARY (we are the developers of Breeze)

Mike A
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2023

Thanks!

Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 16, 2023

You are very welcome Mike. I hope my answer was helpful to you (if so, you may mark it as a solution, which helps others in reading this question).

Have a wonderful week!

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

To track the precise status of content automatically, and let people see that any time and receive notifications if they have to update something, the Better Content Archiving app is a very popular app.

Among many features, it makes the status visible above the content:

content-status-indicator-cloud.gif

You can get reports per space or even per site:

content-status-overview-cloud.png

There are too many features to list here, but check out the Marketplace page of the app to learn more.

(Discl. it is a paid and supported app developed by our team for teams that have the same exact problem like you have.)

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Mike A ,

We make two apps in this space:

1. Keep it up to date!, a free app which shows pages which have not been updated for s specific amount of time.

2. Document Control for Confluence Cloud, which allows you to sign pages and restrict edit access.

If these apps fit your workflow, they might be an easy solution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events